|Acquired Hepa B 16 years ago
Nov 18, 2007
I acquired Hepa B in 1991 and I have undergone treatment already. I remember my doctor prescribed jetepar fot the teatment and i took them for 1 year. My concern is, is there a possibility that after 16 years i will be totally cleared off the virus? Is it possible to get a non-reactive result for my HBsAg? thank you so much and more power?
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is possible - but a low probability. I would check a full panel of tests including surface antigen, HBV DNA, and HBV surface antibody.
Result for my Hepa profile
- Can You Wash Hiv Off With Soap?
- What Does Hiv Positive And Negative Mean?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.