further manegment for hep b

hi dr,.i am hbsag positive with normal lft and normal usg scan with no complaints regarding health.what will be my next step for investigation in order to confirm regardin hep b?my wife is tested to be negative for hep b n taking vaccine series what are the chances of passing on the infection to her post vaccination.please to reply.regards

I would make certain that you have had a HBV DNA level to determine that you have low or no viremia (virus in your blood). If this is the case, then you probably are an inactive carrier. You should still have serial f/u about every six months to be certain that your situation is stable.

The vaccine is extremely effective. Your wife should have a hepatitis B surface antibody test about a month after completion of the series to be certain it worked.

HIV positive, worried about HCV and HBV!
Question re: HB Core AB, Total