reoccuring hepatitis c

took 14 months of 180units pegasys shot weekly took 5 200mg of copegasys daily the hepatitis showed back up in 4months

This must be a great disappointment for you. It sounds like you must have genotype 1 infection. I would also guess that you cleared your virus on the later side and your provider decided to treat you longer to give you the best chance of success. Your ribavirin dose is 1000 mg daily which appears to be a weight-based dosing (which is optimal).

I would wait for studies of newer drugs in the next few years.You will probably be an excellent candidate since it sounds like you were a responder in the first place. It would be my hope that the protease inhibitors or the polymerase inhibitors will be available to you and will help you achieve a rapid virologic response.

CDC
Hepatit B infeksjon