|what is a bad liver count
Nov 12, 2007
What range is abnormal and when should you be concerned
| Response from Dr. McGovern
ALT and AST vary from lab to lab so I cannot answer this question further.
ALT is a helpful marker when it is abnormal. However, people can have liver disease despite a normal ALT. It is limited in what it can tell us, except in extreme cases of acute hepatitis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
- Recurring Vaginal Discharge
- What Is The Best Medication For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.