|Hep C and HIV
Nov 12, 2007
My buddy had Hep C and his MD told him that his body cleared it and he no longer has it. Can he get infected with hep C again or has he now built an immunity to it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Great question. The answer is - yes he can get infected on reexposure. Getting rid of HCV once doesn't mean you can't get it again.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis B How Long After Exposure Will It Show Up On A Test
- What Type Of Headache Do You Get With Acute Hiv?
- Vision Problems With Hiv
- Autoimmune Hepatitis And Life Expectancy
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- Will Genital Warts Go Away Without Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.