|Hep C and HIV
Nov 12, 2007
My buddy had Hep C and his MD told him that his body cleared it and he no longer has it. Can he get infected with hep C again or has he now built an immunity to it?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Great question. The answer is - yes he can get infected on reexposure. Getting rid of HCV once doesn't mean you can't get it again.
Cocaine use and Hep C
DNA came back
- What Should You Do When The Condom Broke And The Person Is Hiv Postive?
- When The Doctor Check Your Blood Can They See If You Have Hiv?
- Can An Hiv Positive Person Have Normal Ranges In A Cbc?
- Is Pelvic Pain An Hiv Symptom?
- I Am Nervous About Getting The Results For My Hiv Test
- Highest Hiv Population In Usa
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.