|Cocaine use and Hep C
Nov 12, 2007
Over the course of the weekend, a couple of friends and I shared a bill while snorting cocaine. What are the chances of me potentially contracting HIV and Hep C?
Thank you in advance.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think your chances are very low. Although snorting cocaine has been associated with risk, I do believe that this risk is dominated by other risk factors, such as injection drug use. You can certainly ask for testing but I suspect it will be negative if this is your only risk factor.
Hep C and HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.