Exposure to both Hep C and HIV

I have read somewhere that if you are exposed to and infected with HIV and Hepatitis C at the same time, HIV seroconversion can be delayed. Is this true -- and if so, how long is it delayed by?

I had an unprotected anal sex encounter (I am a female) that lasted for around one minute with no ejaculation. There was no obvious trauma (no visible bleeding afterward but it's very possible I did not notice the blood -- it was a painful encounter). I was tested for HIV with an antibody test after 95 days from the encounter and this came back negative. I can't help worrying that I was exposed to Hep C at the same time and that this is affecting my test results. I have unexplained symptoms such as hair loss, body aches, and bleeding gums.

Would it be possible for me to have been infected with Hep C this way? Also, if I was infected with it, how long might it take for an antibody test to pick up HIV?

Thank you so much for the information you provide here, it is very helpful.

Many readers ask the same question about whether HIV antibodies can be delayed. This was reported with a single case report - this is a very rare event.

I don't think your symptoms have anything to do with HIV. I hope this helps.

Mental Side effects of Hepatitis C treatment
HBV vaccination