What to do?

My son was recently dignosed with heptitis c. He is 41 and never knew he had it. He had a biopsy done and is waiting to see if he needs treatment. The Dr has given no instructions. We have small children in the house. What do we do to keep it from spreading. How do I clean and do laundry for the family?

There are no special precautions except don't share shaving razors.

As for your son, the physician will be reviewing with him the amount of scarring and inflammation in the liver to see if he needs treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin. He should also be immunized against hepatitis B and A if not immune to them already.

Please answer me this time, still symptoms and fear
Mental Side effects of Hepatitis C treatment