|What to do?
Nov 12, 2007
My son was recently dignosed with heptitis c. He is 41 and never knew he had it. He had a biopsy done and is waiting to see if he needs treatment. The Dr has given no instructions. We have small children in the house. What do we do to keep it from spreading. How do I clean and do laundry for the family?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are no special precautions except don't share shaving razors.
As for your son, the physician will be reviewing with him the amount of scarring and inflammation in the liver to see if he needs treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin. He should also be immunized against hepatitis B and A if not immune to them already.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.