|How does body get rid of dead hep C virus?
Nov 11, 2007
My husband is on interferon/ribaviron and doing very well. He told his care provider that he guessed the dead virus was being evacuated from his body via his urine. His care provider said, no, that the dead virus "just disappeared." How does the body rid itself of the dead Hep C virus?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Interferon and ribavirin are antiviral agents that help upregulate the body's own antiviral immune system to kill infected hepatocytes (liver cells)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Get Rid Of Cryptosporidiosis?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Stds?
- Does Washing Clothes Get Rid Of Virus?
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.