How does body get rid of dead hep C virus?
Nov 11, 2007
My husband is on interferon/ribaviron and doing very well. He told his care provider that he guessed the dead virus was being evacuated from his body via his urine. His care provider said, no, that the dead virus "just disappeared." How does the body rid itself of the dead Hep C virus?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Interferon and ribavirin are antiviral agents that help upregulate the body's own antiviral immune system to kill infected hepatocytes (liver cells)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.