I took "Zeffix" starting from year 2004 and my ALT level drop from 350 to 130. However, the ALt level maintain at 130 for almost 12 months.

My doctor suspected i had drug resistance against "Zeffix" and recommend me to take "Hepsera".

May i know how effective the "Hepsera" on elevated ALT and normally how long does it take to see the result?

Please advise.

The only way to know if you have drug resistance is to follow your HBV DNA test to see if there is still virus. I would not determine that based on a ALT test.

A lack of response would be a reason to switch - or add - Hepsera. I would be in favor of adding.

Olympic Dream
HCV symptom duration