sudden increase

For years my liver enzymes have been slightly elevated ie: in the 80's.Ive been throught 2 rounds of interferon.rapid responce and rapid relaps.for two blood test my enzymes were all of a sudden in"deep normal territory"my last one all of a sudden went for very normal to high (300's)also alpha phos went from normal to 250's.am I dying or what?I don't feel any different.please help.(i'm 2b) thanks tom

It sounds like you were doing extremely well with a rapid viral response for genotype 2 infection, which is usually easy to treat. This was followed by a marked rise in your ALT and AST along with Alk phoshatase. This is probably related to a viral rebound although it is certainly surprising that this has happened in light of your fast response and your genotype 2 infection. I am puzzled by that.

I would discuss this outcome with your physician to see what else could be done. If you were only treated for 24 weeks with fixed dose ribavirin, you may want to consider either weight-based ribavirin or a longer duration of therapy or both.

You may also want to get an ultrasound if your bilirubin also goes up as well. I would also "fractionate" the alk phos to determine if it has a liver origin versus a bone origin. I certainly expect the former.

Pls help me!
Olympic Dream