Nov 11, 2007
What is hepatitus C and how do you become infected with it? Is it contageous?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is a virus that attacks the liver and causes "hepatitis" an inflammation of that organ.
It is transmitted through blood to blood contact - mainly through injection drug use; uncommonly through sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Breast?
- Are Purple Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Does Sore On Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Thrush An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.