Nov 11, 2007
What is hepatitus C and how do you become infected with it? Is it contageous?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is a virus that attacks the liver and causes "hepatitis" an inflammation of that organ.
It is transmitted through blood to blood contact - mainly through injection drug use; uncommonly through sex.
HIV/HCV and Alcohol
Pls help me!
- Never Happened That A Negative Test After 6 Months
- Which Country Gives Free Medication To Victims With Hiv/aids?
- Will Atripla Cause Weight Gain Or Loss?
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- Do You Catch A Cold When You First Get Hiv?
- I Have Blisters On My Feet Do I Have Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.