Nov 11, 2007
What is hepatitus C and how do you become infected with it? Is it contageous?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is a virus that attacks the liver and causes "hepatitis" an inflammation of that organ.
It is transmitted through blood to blood contact - mainly through injection drug use; uncommonly through sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Test After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV
- Hole In Condom How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Oral Sex On A Woman?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.