|if your liver is shot
Nov 11, 2007
hi my name is amber and im just wondering my brother has hepititas a,b,c and his liver is shot and he doesnt want to take medicine and he is still drinkig alochol how long does he possibly have to live. if you could give an estimate that would be great if you dont no exactly how long. sincerly amber
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am sorry but I can't answer this question because there is a big difference between cirrhosis and decompensated cirrhosis and I am not sure what stage he is. The ongoing drinking will certainly accelerate your brother's advancing liver failure.
HIV / hemophilia / strep and other infections
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.