|no immunity hepatitus b
Nov 11, 2007
I recently received the results of a physical and because my liver enzymes are high I was tested for hep b. The results show no immunity .What does this mean?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You do not have HBV infection.
You are also not "immune" meaning that if you were exposed, you could contract the virus. You should discuss immunization with your physician if you have risk factors for the infection.
You should also have testing for hepatitis A and C.
Donation of body parts if HepC+ ?
hbsag vs. hbv dna
- Purple Spots On The Skin And Hiv
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Transmission Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.