Donation of body parts if HepC+ ?

I was exposed to Hep C over 20 yeas ago, so now I test poitive; but it has never made me sick. Would it be safe to donate my body at death? Could my body parts be of any help to anyone?

This is an interesting question. There is recent interest in using liver organs from hepatitis C individuals who have died and transplanting them in HCV positive patients who are dying from liver disease. The idea is that since there is such a shortage, that having a liver that is infected is still better than no liver at all.

If you are interested in being an organ donor, I would fill out the paperwork and ask the person who is going to be your health care proxy to be aware of your HCV status so someone can be advised in the event of your passing. Also you may want to discuss this directly with the person who accepts your organ donation information. You can also check the website www.UNOS.org

am i contageous?
no immunity hepatitus b