HepC, 1b - PCR HCV NEGATIVE!

Dear Dr,

I'm 36 year old men, with University education. I have had Hep C, genotype 1b. I was treated (Pegasys+Ribavirin, 48 weeks) from 2005 till January 2006. I made PCR at september 2007 and it's negative. I have reached SVR. Does SVR means cured? What is the probability for relapses in my case and under which circumstances?

You have achieved a sustained virologic response (SVR). This means your therapy was successful. There is minimal chance of relapse. This has been shown through several studies and there will be more data on this presented in Boston at the AASLD meetings. You should be reassured also be the fact that HCV is not integrated into the host genome - in other words, once it is eradicated, it is gone for good unless you are re-infected through risk exposure again.

Enjoy your SVR!

from Turkey
What do these mean