Oct 25, 2007
I recently testes negative for HBV SAg, Negative HBV core AB, Negative HBV S ABodies...but positive Core IGM. Tested 2x, came back the same. Is it possible to have HBV with this result? Also liver enzymes were under 35 both.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I have never seen this before since by now you should have had abnormal liver enzymes with acute hepatitis B infection. You may want to discuss with your physician getting a HBV DNA test since in acute HBV infection you would certainly have virus present. If not, I would talk with the laboratory supervisor further about the validity of the tests.
about the HBsAg
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.