Oct 25, 2007
I recently testes negative for HBV SAg, Negative HBV core AB, Negative HBV S ABodies...but positive Core IGM. Tested 2x, came back the same. Is it possible to have HBV with this result? Also liver enzymes were under 35 both.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I have never seen this before since by now you should have had abnormal liver enzymes with acute hepatitis B infection. You may want to discuss with your physician getting a HBV DNA test since in acute HBV infection you would certainly have virus present. If not, I would talk with the laboratory supervisor further about the validity of the tests.
about the HBsAg
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Grinding Penis Against Anus Hiv Risk
- Hiv Antibody Negative After 11 Months White Tongue
- Hiv Risk Vaginal Fluid On The Inside Of Condom
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbians Grinding/frottage Or Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.