The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help me move on or not!
Oct 25, 2007

I appreciatte your website a great deal and need you help to hopefully move past my situation. About 3 months ago I went to a bathhouse and engaged in masterbating a stranger, I bite my nails and cuticles quite a bit. before the event I had bitten some skin that was very small pencil head sized wounds that were healing and not actively bleeding that some fluid may have come in contact with. Very small amoutn most likely precum, I washed my hands twice after and about 30 minutes later nicked the same area and it started to bleed. I have tested negative for all hepatitis at 6 weeks and at 11 weeks both are negative. my alt and ast were slightly elevated from my testing last year for fatty liver, it actually decreased a little on the the 11 week test. I am expierencing stomach pain and some discomfort in my upper right abdomen. my doctor ordered a ct which showed nothing but fatty liver. Can I move on from this event or do I require further testing? should I be vaccinated if I am still in the window period? I am seeing a GS DR this week, as I am married I don;t know if I can have sex with my wife help!

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would consider this amount of testing sufficient for your risk and would not pursue any further laboratories. Hepatitis B immunization may be something you may want to discuss with your physician to protect against any future risks.

STD Vaccines
about the HBsAg

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint