|hep c and sex
Oct 22, 2007
my partner has hep c. Is he more contigious to me when I am on my period? Or is it only HIS blood we nned to worry about?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You need to be concerned about being exposed to his blood. Using condoms is protective although sexual transmission of HCV is not common - about 2 percent in monogamous couples.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- What Causes Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis Infections?
- What Can Cause A False Hpv Reading?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes With A Condom On?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.