HCV Occupational Exposure through a small abrasion?

I recently had an occupational exposure (Corrections Officer)to someone who tested postive for HCV. I suffered a small abrasion (about the size of or smaller than a dime) on my elbow. I just scraped the epidermis, and there was no bleeding, just reddish/pinkish raw skin. Much like a small rug burn. I don't know for sure if blood contacted the abrasion, however I immediatley cleaned it with soap and water and had a baseline blood draw to begin testing. What are the odds of contracting HCV, even if the subject's blood made contact with the abrasion?

Since you did not have any active bleeding yourself, I suspect the risk is very very low. However, I commend you on getting tested at baseline, since all workers who are hurt on the job should get tested for your own protection.

You should have received hepatitis B vaccine - if not you should request it.

Hepatitis C and pregnancy
hepititis c