|Hepatitis C and pregnancy
Oct 22, 2007
I have hepatitis C And my boyfriend is waiting for the results.But I am affraid what if one day we can't have children and will the baby be affected by the virus?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Women who give birth uncommonly pass hepatitis C onto their babies - only about 5 percent of the time. Furthermore, many of these babies clear the infection on their own. Finally, children who are treated tolerate therapy better than adults.
i need your help
HCV Occupational Exposure through a small abrasion?
- How Long Does Hiv Last Outside The Body?
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- How Long Until A Cure For Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis B Vaccination Interfere With Hiv Test?
- Cutaneous Candidiasis Tinea Corporis Tinea Cruris Tinea Pedis Or Pityriasis Versicolor
- How Long Does Hiv Aids Survive On Surface?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.