what does this mean
Oct 22, 2007
my lab reports: HBS Abs positive and HBSAG negative. please help thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
You are protected from hepatitis B infection either from prior infection that you cleared on your own, or through vaccination.
A hepatitis B core antibody test would clarify which of the two. However, the bottom line is that you are protected against infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.