Hep b and hives

I was recently diagnosed as an inactive chronic Hep b carrier. I am not certain how I obtain the diesase other than the fact that perhaps my mother was a carrier and she gave it to me during birth.

9 months ago (before my Hep B diagnosis), I had a hive out break, the hives appeared all over my body. The hives would come on and then go away in 2 hours, but they kept coming back. They burned and itched and are very uncomfortable. One morning, I woke up with a big lower lip that took several hours to recover. The whole experience took me 4 months to overcome.

Now I do not have any hives and I am feeling fine. Do you think there is an association between hives and hep b. If so, does this mean the presence of the hives 9 months ago indicates that I was recently (actue) infected with Hep B and not chronically infected?

I would not expect your hives to be related to your hepatitis B infection. HBV can be associated with skin rashes during acute infection, but I suspect you are right that you got your HBV from your mother since you do not have risk factors. During chronic infection, there are also other types of rashes we think about, but not hives per se.

total Hbc IgG
PLEASE REPLY URGENT