viramune/truvada combo

I am 40yr old male with Tcells above 500, viral load undetectable, and saw a note recommending males over 400+ Tcells should not perhaps be on viramune. Is this true and if so please ex-plain to me what may be the problem.

Viramune is not recommended in women with T cells above 250 and men above 400. This is because these patients seem to have an increased risk of hepatotoxicity - or drug injury.

However, there are several studies showing now that if you are switched to viramune because you are having trouble taking another HAART regimen, then there doesn't seem to be much risk. I think this is because HIV is no longer detectable and there is less inflammation in the liver.

If you are doing well, I would stick with it. Just continue to have your regular monitoring and check ups. See your doctor if you develop nausea, right upper quadrant pain, fatigue, and dark urine or jaundice.

HEPATITIS OUTBREAK AT WORK?! SCARED
HBV DNA