|Hep B and pregnancy
Oct 12, 2007
I am a Hep B carrier and now 7 months pregnant. My recent blood test shows that my HBsAg (positive), Hep B Surface Antibody (Non-reactive), Hep B core AB total (Reactive). What does this indicate? Am I safe to a viginal delivery and breast feeding to my baby?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The main issue is getting your baby vaccinated at birth and to complete the entire vaccine series. It would also be helpful to know how much virus is in your blood - HBV DNA.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Do People Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Fever After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.