|hep c and liver transplant
Oct 12, 2007
My father (53) had a liver transplant because of hep c. (blood transfusion 1972). Now the hepatitis is reoccuring. What can we do?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need to discuss this further with the transplant surgeon. Reinfection with HCV after transplant is almost universal. You will want to know the options by speaking with the transplant surgeon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Female To Male Hiv Transmission Rare?
- Hiv And Cold Sweat On Hands And Feet
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- Does Hiv Causes Change In Hair?
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With An Hiv-positive Person And Not Catch It?
- Should You Drink Prune Juice If You Have Hep C?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.