Oct 12, 2007
My anti-Hcv count was 0.018, negative. Cut-off is 0.217. HBsAg was non-reactive. Also my SGPT was high, 193. Do I have the hepatitis virus already? Thanks and best regards, Gerry from the Philippinnes
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your SGPT is high, but it is unclear as to why. I would check your HCV RNA level to see if you by any chance have acute HCV. I would also check your Hepatitis A IgM antibody to rule out acute hepatitis A.
Other causes can include medications, fatty liver, other liver diseases.
hepatitis b and syphilis
- Are Boil-like Pimples On The Stomach A Sign Of Hiv?
- Is Thrush Connected To Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- What Stage In Hiv Do Night Sweats Occur Early Or Late?
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Can You Use To Treat Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.