Oct 12, 2007
My anti-Hcv count was 0.018, negative. Cut-off is 0.217. HBsAg was non-reactive. Also my SGPT was high, 193. Do I have the hepatitis virus already? Thanks and best regards, Gerry from the Philippinnes
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your SGPT is high, but it is unclear as to why. I would check your HCV RNA level to see if you by any chance have acute HCV. I would also check your Hepatitis A IgM antibody to rule out acute hepatitis A.
Other causes can include medications, fatty liver, other liver diseases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Swollen Lymph Nodes Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Does Rash Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.