hepatitis b and syphilis

dear doctor...

i have been diagnosed of hepatitis b last june because i was having jaundice...but the doctors were unsure whether the infection was acute or chronic...they didn't have the facilities to check the core hep b antibodies...anyway we're hoping that the infection would be acute and seroconvert (i have been sexually promiscous for the last 5 years).... 2 weeks ago, i have been diagnosed of having latent HIV testing was question is, can latent syphilis cause an acute hep B infection to be chronic?? if so, what is the percentage? I understand previously that 90-95% of normal adults with acute hep b infection will seroconvert. also, i are there any other STD causes of recurrent tounge ulcers???

No I am unaware of latent syphilis causing chronic HBV. It will be quite important to have treatment for syphilis. Recurrent tongue ulcers are usually aphthous. I doubt your latent syphilis test explains recurrent ulcers.

My results confirmation