hepatitis and hiv: testing

hello dr. mcgovern, i would greatly appreciate it if you could answer my question. i've seen responses to this on other forums but they are all very old and i don't know if they are reliable.

if a healthcare worker were stuck with a needle in a medical setting, would testing for hiv be warranted after 6 months? (i have read of cases of hiv and hepatitis co-infection causing the hiv antibodies to appear after 12 months, not at 6 months.) the other doctors who answered questions similar to this generally said 6 months was sufficient, but i wanted to check.

thank you for your help!!!

I consider 6 month testing completely adequate.

High SGPT level
My results confirmation