|reactive hep c
Oct 12, 2007
I have hep c. I have been in remission for 7 yrs. Had a recent blood test and the word reactive came up. Can u tell me what this means?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
A reactive antibody just means you were infected in the past. Even if your infection is cured (eg, no more virus in your blood after treatment) the antibody will still be reactive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.