|reactive hep c
Oct 12, 2007
I have hep c. I have been in remission for 7 yrs. Had a recent blood test and the word reactive came up. Can u tell me what this means?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
A reactive antibody just means you were infected in the past. Even if your infection is cured (eg, no more virus in your blood after treatment) the antibody will still be reactive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
- Genital Warts Transmission By Hand
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.