Oct 12, 2007
am a hepa b carrier but my dr.says am not contageous unless transfer blood.some says its a sexual transmitted deseas but why is it i havent contaminate my husband until now he is not contaminated by my hepa b.i have this for 8 yrs.and until now i wonder where i get this bcoz only my husband i have sex.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B can be transmitted by sex so it is important for your husband to be vaccinated.
You may not have transmitted the virus to him because you may have little or no virus in your blood - ie, you are an "inactive" carrier.
Hiv & Hepatitis c
hep b carrier??
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Can Seroconversion Take Place After 10 Weeks?
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.