|Hep B and NOT HIV?
Oct 1, 2007
I have recently had a possible exposure to both hep b and hiv. My question is; Is is possible to be infected to hep B and NOT HIV from this encounter or are the virus's some how "attached" and always infect together?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No - you can get one virus without getting the other. For example, the person may have a high level of one virus and a low level of the other virus and may transmit only the high level virus along.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.