|Hepititus C transmission
Sep 30, 2007
I am ex-intranvenous drug user who has contracted hep c. I am about to start interferon treatment at the end of this month. I am also about to move into accomodation with a friend (non-sexual)and am worried about transmission through mosquitos. Is this possible and if so what is the likelyhood? Is there anything else that I should be aware of, apart from the obvious routes of contamination? Thank you for your last response about three months ago.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is not transmitted through mosquitos.
Best of luck with your therapy. Try your best not to miss any doses.
Hbs antibody - non-reactive and Hbs antigen - non-reactive. Please interpret the result
HCV and brain dysfunction
- Anxiety Symptoms Cause By Fear Of Hiv Infection
- Burning Feet Peripheral Neuropathy
- Can Two Gay Healthy Men Contract Hiv With Each Other?
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- Is The Hiv Quick Test Really Effective?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.