Sep 30, 2007
I received oral sex and was wondering if I am at risk for any Hepatitis? I received 3 doses of hep b vacc. The first 2 on schedule and the 3rd about a year out. I showed no antibodies after the first 2 doses and haven't been back to check on the 3rd yet.When receiving oral sex is the risk higher for women than with men? By the way, I am a woman. T
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B and C are transmitted by blood to blood exposure the concern is about sexual intercourse with minor trauma allowing blood to blood exposure.
I would certainly check your antibody status to see if you are protected.
no q, only a 'how are you'
hepb + hiv
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- How Long Does Hiv Live In Semen?
- Symptoms Of Hiv After 3 Weeks Risk
- Unprotected Sex 3 Months Ago Now Rash On Inner Thighs
- How Long Can Someone Live After Hiv Infection Taking Medication?
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.