Oral sex and HEP C

Hello Doctor,

I am a 20 year old male who performed oral sex on another male. I had a six week negative test come back and am awaiting the results of my three month test (HIV antibody). Is there any chance I could have been infected with Hep C from this exposure? I am vaccinated against Hep B. If so, would Hep C delay HIV seroconversion beyond 3 months? I just want to be able to rely on a 3 month test if it is negative.

I would not expect HCV transmission from the exposure you just described.

However, I would definitely avoid rectal trauma or sex in the context of other sexually transmitted ulcers. For example, several studies have demonstrated that the incidence of acute HCV is rising in MSM both in the US and Europe. These infections have been associated with sex with trauma and the presence of syphilis, chancroid, and Herpes.

I am glad you have had your hepatitis B immunization. Also check to see if you have been exposed in the past to hepatitis A - if not - please get immunized.

Hapatitis Profile Results
last question help pls