|hep b test
Sep 22, 2007
if the test says anti hbs non reactive and anti hbeag non reactive and anti hbc reactive, what does that mean
Response from Dr. McGovern
This is an isolated core antibody test. Its significance is not quite clear and can mean a false antibody. You will also want to ask your provider if your liver function tests were abnormal. If so, you will want to check a hepatitis B core IGM for acute infection.
If not, this isolated HBV is a profile seen in about 5 percent of healthy people.
Hep C DOES come from sexual contact
Is treatment the bad guy
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Groin Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Vaginal Discharge Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.