Sep 22, 2007
My mother age 46 years has undergone whole body blood tests and she got HBsAg as positive .
here are the full blood test results:
HBsAg - positive Anti HCV -negative HIV I & HIV II antibodies -negative HBeAg -Negative Anti -HBe Total- Positive
can you please analyse the results and tell me
1. Is the disease active or chronic and how far she is infected
2. And I am expecting a baby very soon , Is there any harm for the baby from my mother?
3. Is the disease going to spread via Saliva or sweat
4. Can you suggest any medicine to protect her liver and improve Immunity
I really need your help , Please I am so worried about my mom
Thank you Saritha
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect she may be an "inactive" carrier based on the hepatitis B antibody results. I would want to follow up on liver function tests and hepatitis B DNA results.
Hepatitis B carrier for ivf procedure
Interferon Study with low cd4
- How Long Can A Child Live With Hiv?
- Is Marinol Used For Back Pain?
- Hiv And Belly Fat
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- Are Certain Blood Types More Likely To Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.