|Hepatitis B carrier for ivf procedure
Sep 22, 2007
I am a 35 year old men, married for 6 years. My wife can not carry a baby and we have to use IVF procedure and to use a gestational carrier to carry our baby.
Is there a possibility that the carrier would be infected? How about if she take vaccination?
Thanks and hope you could bring us some good news.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would strongly suspect that these blood tests would be checked first. All that is required is a simple blood test and I would request that it be done.It is also important to know that vaccination at birth can usually protect the baby against hepatitis B even if the mother is chronically infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.