Sep 22, 2007
I have recently met a girl and she has told me about her having hep C. we have been french kissing, and I did use her tooth paste...NOT BRUSH..is it possible that there could be something on the tooth paste if she has used it before me, is there a risk of transfering hep c this way. Also Ive read about saliva containing the virus, is it possible to contract it this way.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your main risk would be through sex, but even this risk is low - about 1 to 2 or 3 percent depending on the reference you read. Condoms will bring that to zero.
hepa b carrier
- What Age Group Is Affected By Hiv?
- Five Body Fluids That Transmit Hiv
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.