|Hep C crossing the blood brain barrier
Sep 22, 2007
Hi, Could you tell me if it is true that HCV can cross the blood/brain barrier and has it also been found in brain cells as well as nerve cells during autopsies?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV RNA has been isolated in cerebrospinal fluid. You can find more information about this in papers by Laskus and colleagues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- What Percent Of People Have Herpes?
- What Is The Effect Of Syphilis If Left Untreated?
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Do Doctors Give You For Shingles?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.