|Lung Mass and Cryptococcus
Sep 17, 2007
My 41 yr. old daughter has AIDS. CD4 UNDER 100. HAS MANY PROBLEMS, HOWEVER ABOUT 9 MOS. AGO FOUND MASS ON HER LOWER LEFT LOBE ON HER LUNG, BUT SHE WOULD'NT GET A BIOPSY, NOW SHE IS IN THE HOSPITAL AND THE DRS. TODAY HAVE TAKEN FLUID FROM HER SPINE TO TEST FOR MENINGITIS. COULD THIS MASS BE LINKED TO THE POSSIBLE CRYPTOCOCCUS? SHE AQUIRED HIV 11 YRS. AGO. HAS HAD VERY LOW PLATELETS, AND OTHER THINGS IN THE LAST 2 YRS. THANKING YOU FOR A PROMPT REPLY. NORMA
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Please post your question to the HIV forum.
I will tell you that yes, cryptococcus can cause a lung mass and can also cause meningitis.
I hope she does well on treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.