Sep 17, 2007
According to ASSLD treatment guidlines for precore mutant (HbeAg -), baraclude resistance is very low (less than 1% up to 2 yrs) compared to Telbivudine(25% up to 2 yrs). Does it means that baraclude would be the first choice of therapy. Is there any reason why Telbuvidine is still prescribed as a first-line therapy?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I personally would favor entecavir (baraclude) due to its excellent resistance profile for a patient with HBeAg negative infection, since the duration of therapy is going to be long-term.
whats wrong with me?
- Is It Ok To Drink Aloe Vera Juice With Hiv Meds?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Can A Dentist Refuse To Treat Someone With Hiv?
- Where Do You Get Swollen Lymph Nodes If You Have Hiv?
- Aids Hiv And Irregular Periods
- Will Herpes Simplex Go Away On Its Own?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.