Failed vaccine or dropping antibodies level?

I completed my hep B vaccine a few years ago. Had a recent possible exposure but tested negative up to 12 weeks for both HIV and hep B. However, the hep B test also showed I am not immuned.

1) How common is it for for normal individuals not to respond to vaccination, or is it an indication that something is wrong?

2) Would you think that the vaccine failed right from the start or the antibodies level dropped to undetectable level within a few years?

3) Could I have gotten HIV recently and the virus caused the hep B antibodies level to drop to undetectable level? Does the HIV virus work this way?

Thanks!

You ask good questions. 1. It does happen. That is why we check surface antibody titers to be certain they work in persons at high risk (eg has a partner with HBV) 2. Either scenario could be possible. 3. Doubt that.

nurse with hep c
Testing