|livers grown artificially
Sep 15, 2007
In the UK, researchers have grown the beginings of what could be full livers. They say they need 10 years to be able to gown full livers. If this is achieved, does this mean people with Hepatitis are in the clear? Who would it benefit?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hard to predict right now. The liver is an amazing organ however and is capable of regeneration. That is why when someone is "cured" of their hepatitis C, over the years the liver regenerates and becomes healthier over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.