|livers grown artificially
Sep 15, 2007
In the UK, researchers have grown the beginings of what could be full livers. They say they need 10 years to be able to gown full livers. If this is achieved, does this mean people with Hepatitis are in the clear? Who would it benefit?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hard to predict right now. The liver is an amazing organ however and is capable of regeneration. That is why when someone is "cured" of their hepatitis C, over the years the liver regenerates and becomes healthier over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Erectile Dysfunction An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.