please help with my test results

i had a hepatitis c antibody test done at labcorp and when i got the paper with the results it said my result was 0.1 and the s/co ratio 0.0-0.9, below that it said negative was 0.0-0.9 and positive was > 0.9. so mine would be negative right, but i thought that with antibody tests it was just either positive or negative, either you had the antibodies if you were exposed or you didn't have them if you weren't ever exposed. so what's with the numbers? i was happy to see my number fell under the negative, but now am nervous about these numbers and was hoping you could explain it to me.

You ask an excellent question. The testing is done as many other tests - there is a range of readout numbers. When a laboratory test is first derived, testing is done on known patients with and without a disease so laboratory researchers can determine the "cut-off" for a particular test that makes it either a "negative" or non-reactive test, or a positive or "reactive" test.

You are certainly negative - not infected.

acute hcv
livers grown artificially