|Hep B Antigen here today, gone next year
Sep 9, 2007
I was one of those uniformed folks who stood in line at the local hospital a a result of 911. I was informed weeks later to contact my doctor. He ran some blood work Hep-B antigen detected was the results of the report. 2 years later, different doctor and lab, no detection of any kind, excellent health. Can Hep come and go? Please note I was practicing sex w/o protection w/ females only that you could say were high risk. I am celebate now, have been for over 5 years.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect the first result was probably a false positive. I would get vaccinated for hepatitis B for future protection.
lab results of Hepatitis B
- How Do I Know If I Am Hiv Positive?
- Can You Tell How Long Someone Has Been Hiv Positive?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Hiv Early Symptoms And Acute Bronchitis
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.